Monday 6 June 2016

MAY 23 - London : CHARITY NEVER FAILETH!

ou could never guess how the weather going to be like. When you thought it going to be warm, it turn cold. For example, we had snow yesterday but wasn't enough to stay longer on the ground. There a lot going on this week as usual. We have a big meeting on Thursday this past week. Zone council and our final interviews with our beloved mission president, Elder Weatherford Clayton. He's such a great man. Every single time I got off from meeting with him, I feel super inspired to get out there and share the gospel. He taught me so many great lesson in life and one of them is to be patient in everything that I do and to always looked to the Atonement of Jesus Christ because that where it all began.

On Tuesday, we meeting with the former investigator who we picked up last week and she's super sweet. Beverly is really excited for her baptism but unfortunately she wouldn't make it on her date due to some other things that she need to get through first. We're planning on set her with a new baptismal date on June. We also have returning members that we're working on that still good to go for her next ordinance. Her name is Monique and she's a single mother with 16 year old son. They're really close with each other. Remind me of my mum back at home.

The work were a bit slow in the beginning of the week but things start to get developed by the end of the week. We found 3 new investigators this week. Leslie, who laugh a lot no matter what we said. Winta, 17-year old teenager who we have interesting conversation about chastity, and Jenna, another teenager who thought that we wouldn't care much about her if she's a lesbian. But the opposite happen, we do care a lot about her. The church is still reaches out to them regardless what.

One of the great highlight of the week were when we're in Strathroy, one of the town that we covered in London. It takes 30 minutes to get there and 30 minutes to get back. We have quite a few members lived down there and we found new investigator there last week named Patrick. He's super awesome!! We stop by his house again on Saturday and he invited us in and we shared a great lesson about the Book of Mormon. He has a very good question that have me and my companion wondering : What is it mean to be a Mormon? Hmm, I said to myself, yeah, what is it to be a Mormon.

So, everyone!! I have a special request for you. Could you tell me what does it mean to be a Mormon? Please get back to me next week, will ya? :)

To conclude the letter, I just want to shared my testimony that I know the gospel is true and without it, I wouldn't be here in the first place. It brought great joy and peace in my life to know that there is someone out there that looked out for me and those that I cared. Despite that, I know that I need to play my part in life and that is to continue making the right choice because in the end of the day, my action is my own. I know the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith is the prophet in these last dispensation that were called by God to restored back His church on the earth. By following his counsel, I know that I will be safe and able to hold on in my journey back to my Heavenly Father. I leave these with you all in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen!

ELDER PRESLY NGERANTAR
Canada Toronto Mission 
Jan 2015-2017 


No comments:

Post a Comment